4th International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning
29 June - 1 July 2020, Virtual
Declarative AI 2020 goes virtual by keeping the planned dates and extending the submission deadlines!
The registration is free of charge.
RuleML + RR 2020
The RuleML+RR industry track welcomes original work from all areas of Rules and Reasoning based technologies specifically for solving real industry problems. We are interested on experiences from practitioners when applying rules to industries such as engineering, manufacturing, agriculture, energy, media, financials, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, government, smart cities, and cultural heritage. In addition to the 2020 theme, “explainable algorithmic decision-making”, we will encourage submissions on the following topics:
- Uses of rules and reasoning in data processing and management (including data access, interpretation, transformation, curation, integration, validation, versioning and distribution) on industry applications
- Using rules and reasoning for data processing and management approaches and tools specifically used for building, extending and maintaining industrial knowledge graphs and ontologies
- Natural language processing and conversational AI for automating communication with customers, suppliers and service providers
Incentives for industry participation in this track include:
- Present own results / solutions for use of rule technologies in business settings
- Learn about new trends in rule technologies, and how they can be used to address business problems
- Exchange experiences about business cases and use of rules
Paper submission: May 1, 2020
Author notification: May 15, 2020
Camera-ready submission: June 1, 2020
Industry Track: 29 June - 1 July 2020
For each of these deadlines, a cut-off point of 23:59 AOE (anywhere on earth) applies.
Abstracts and Position Papers
- Needs for research and development
- Proposals for joint (industry/academe) efforts
- Progress in research & development
- Lessons learned (unsuccessful efforts that still provide insight)
Research Contributions and Demos
- Original contributions in rule-related fields
For any of the above submission types, we recommend the inclusion of information related to:
- Business case – explain the business case and the value proposition
- Technological challenges – explaining why the business case is difficult to be solved by using traditional technologies
- Rule-based solution – technical details, esp. the usage of rules
- Status/Results – the status/benefits of the approach/solution
- Importance and impact – describe the importance of the solution for business/technology
Selected papers will be published online as part of http://ceur-ws.org Proceedings, which are broadly indexed, e.g., by SCOPUS and listed in standard bibliographic databases such as DBLP.
Industry track papers are limited to 12 pages written in English following the LNCS format http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html and submitted electronically in PDF format. Please submit your paper via: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rulemlrr2020 under the Industry track. If you do not have an EasyChair account, please sign up at https://easychair.org.
Thanks to our partners and sponsors